23rd May 2023
What’s the role?
We are in search of an Associate Director to lead and grow our process safety team across the UK with ambition to move into a Director’s position within the next 2 years.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A relevant technical degree (ideally in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering) with strong mathematical and analytical skills. A higher additional process safety related qualification (e.g. MSc) would be a distinct advantage
- Chartered Engineer status with membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. IChemE/IMechE/EI)
- Experience of applying your process safety knowledge within the oil and gas, chemical, nuclear or other high hazard sectors. This could perhaps be within an operating company, as a regulator, project engineer or consultant
- Operational experience of process safety management, including topics such as leadership, culture, competency, asset integrity, permit to work, isolations, and operating procedures. Experience of PSM auditing would be particularly welcome
- Knowledge of applicable UK Health & Safety Law
- An understanding of process safety related risk assessment methodologies and standards (such as HAZID, PHR, SIL, LOPA, FMEA, PSM, HAZOP, PHA, DSEAR, Occupied Buildings, Bowtie Assessments, Hazardous Area Classification, Major Accidents & Disasters, QRA), and experience of their practical application, including leading or participating in studies
A bit about us…
As an award winning ‘employer of the year 2023’ you will join a business that is all about its people. We are a company that understands a work-life balance, gets what it’s like to have a family, loves a good party and knows how to ensure our people come first. We are committed to training and development and are always delighted to see our people develop both professionally and personally.
Vextrix was founded in 2009 by John Williamson and Phil Marsden with the aim of creating a different kind of company that emphasizes treating people exceptionally well and following through on their promises to both employees and clients. Now with three offices and over sixty employees, Vextrix has an impressive culture of empathetic leadership and a commitment to the wellbeing of their staff, with a focus on making sure everyone is happy both at work and at home. The company also works hard to give back to the community.
No usual recruitment process
We’re committed to building an inclusive culture that respects the contribution that individuals make to our company. That means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re just as focused on who you are and the potential that you’ll bring to us. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working. We will do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Vextrix is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership.