3rd August 2022
A bit about us..
We provide civil & structural engineering services across the UK, providing a bespoke, professional service whilst adding value to our client’s projects across a number of sectors. We have a genuine commitment to our people and culture focussed on inclusivity and diversity creating an environment where people can develop both professionally and personally.
We are looking for a Senior Highways Engineer to support the Directors enabling the further growth and expansion of the business.
The position itself will include, but not be limited to:
- Significant experience in the development and detailed design of highway maintenance and improvement scheme designs in accordance with the DMRB using AutoCAD, Civils 3D, Flow and PDS
- Proven ability to be able to produce highways 3D Engineering designs from 2D layouts including existing and proposed models, cross section, long section and contours.
- Knowledge of highway assets and the appropriate solutions for renewal or improvement.
- The design and documentation of civil infrastructure components of the projects, including but not limited to, Highway design (S38/S278) both preliminary and detailed & Drainage design both strategic and detailed.
- Conduct any liaison or consultation with statutory authorities or undertakers as necessary to implement the construction of the project.
- To provide support within the Highways Team in the management and delivery of the service to our clients
- Production and checking of drawings (AutoCAD)
- Communicating with suppliers, clients, contractors, the public and other engineers within Struktura
- Support other employees with technical advice on Highway Engineering projects
- Give technical advice to our clients and potential clients
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on time and to budget
- To lead on projects ensuring Struktura and the Highways team deliver the agreed commissions and that Client expectations are met or exceeded
- To lead the engineering input at all stages of a project from conceptual design, through the project cycle to site monitoring
- Support junior staff with their training and development
- Check output produced by other staff in terms of reports/drawings etc.
Our ideal candidate will have but not limited to:
- Accredited degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
- Consideration given to significant relevant experience in lieu of specified education and professional qualification.
- In depth understanding of Highway Design and design standards
- Knowledge of engineering design, related legislation, contract procurement and contract administration
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of developing feasibility, and preliminary design to traffic/local roads problems which include Alignment, Drainage, Pavement, Road Restraint System, Road Signs & Markings.
- Knowledge or awareness of walking & cycling design, traffic calming, Healthy Streets, junction design, and carriageway renewal design.
- Demonstrate understanding of Health and Safety including CDM responsibilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant technical / industry / TFL standards
- Good project management skills and financial management
- Evidence showing continuous professional development.
We’re a great team with huge ambition and a passion for doing things properly, professionally without any corporate politics. It’s about the right person for us, whether you’re looking for somewhere to develop your career to Director level or looking for a better work-life balance where you are appreciated for being you, we’re happy either way.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at Vextrix we believe we can!
Vextrix recognises that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Be you, be happy – we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximises the contribution individuals can bring to us. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. We work with community groups and organisations to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
No usual recruitment process
We’re committed to building an inclusive culture that respects the contribution that individuals make to our company. That means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re just as focused on who you are and the potential that you’ll bring to us. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working. We will do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.